Everybody's skin is different so everyone's skincare routine can vary - with that being said - after cleansing my face in the evening, I apply my retinol after my serums but before my moisturizer. ALWAYS make you are wearing your SPF Daily!!!
If you're a beginner to the retinol game and you dove right in and not sure why your skin it dry, flaky, and irritated? Try using your retinol every other night or every other two nights. Retinols can sometimes be intense so alternating nights can help.
Now lets get started:
1. Sente Skincare - Intensive Bio Complete Cream- BEST all time favorite and my ALL time favorite retinol and still my #1 go-to.
Sente's Intensive Bio Complete Cream is the perfect, lightweight texture. Although this contains a .5% retinol, Intensive Bio-Complete Cream packs a punch. If you are a new retinol user or have sensitive skin, it is advised to start off alternating nights with this and their more gentle Bio Complete Serum.
2. Revision Skincare - DEJ Night Cream - Best Overall Formula that balances the skins own Microbiome with Prebiotic Innovation. I use this nightly as well.
This intensive nighttime moisturizer with time-released 0.25% Retinol utilizes pioneering Pathway Technology to address the visible signs of aging from multiple angles while you sleep, revealing a renewed, radiant complexion. Also DEJ Night helps improve all visible signs of aging with Retinol, powerful peptides, potent antioxidants and rich hydrators.
3. Truth Treatment – Regenerating 5% Retinol Gel - Best Strongest Retinol. Our Strongest retinol (by far!!!) a little goes a long way!
Formulated to be as strong as rx tretinoin gels. A safe, intensive, anti-aging and anti-blemish skin refiner that corrects damage. With proper use, you’ll see a difference in skin tone and texture within days. Retinoids help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars. The Regenerating 5% Retinol Gel’s potent blend of healing Vitamin C and exfoliating Vitamin A remove dead and dulling skin cells to fade discoloration, smooth lines and refine scars. With continued use, skin will look tighter, clearer and brighter, breakouts will dissipate and blackheads will dissolve.
- I will say this again that this Retinol Gel is HIGHLY CONCENTRATED. Apply a pea-sized amount to damp skin once or twice a week to achieve dramatic, visible improvements. If redness or irritation result, reduce frequency of application.
4. Alastin Skincare - Renewal Retinol .5 - Best Bang for your Buck & Best Retinol for Beginner - a simple formula with a time releases retinol that is an incredible value!
Active retinol is encapsulated in a solid lipid, resulting in an anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant formula which can be used every evening. Great product if you are starting to dip your toes into the retinol world. Lightweight yet effective. If you're a beginner this one is for you. There is also a .25 strength.
5. Osmosis MD Skincare - Renew Advanced Retinal Serum - Best retinol alternative, contains retinaldehyde. It’s great for sensitive skin types and those who can’t use a traditional retinol.
So, spoil your skin with the most advanced, age reversing formula available. Using the highest possible potency of Osmosis's liposomal retinaldehyde, Renew offers sun safe, barrier protecting, DNA preserving technology that is proven to stimulate collagen 1000 times more than regular retinols. It is designed to increase nutrient delivery to the skin enhanced by a pharmaceutical grade delivery system that delivers 9 holistic, scientifically validated collagen stimulators and 7 potent antioxidants far beyond the surface layers to create real, lasting changes.